Interested in joining the Scotia Recycling team? Please view our available openings in Newfoundland below.
Scotia Recycling is an equal opportunity employer in Atlantic Canada. We specialize in the collection, processing, sales, and brokerage of recyclable materials. Scotia Security Shredding is a division of Scotia Recycling that specializes in paper shredding and secure document destruction. If you have any questions about a position, please email us!
Location: Corner Brook, NL
Salary: $11.78 / Hour
Vacancies: 14 Vacancies
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time 37.5 Hours / Week
Employment conditions: Overtime, Day, Evening, Weekend, To be determined
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Experience an asset
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Large workload, Work under pressure.
Work Site Environment: Odours, Dusty, Hot, Noisy, At heights, Cold/refrigerated
Personal Suitability: Punctuality, Effective interpersonal skills, Reliability, Flexibility, Initiative, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Dependability.
Work Setting: Warehouse
How to apply
please send all inquiries to [email protected]
Scotia Recycling is an equal opportunity organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Are you looking for a full-time, hands-on position with benefits? Scotia Recycling Limited, Atlantic Canada's leading paper recycling facility is seeking Are you looking for a full-time, hands-on and challenging position with benefits? Scotia Recycling (NL) Limited, Atlantic Canada's leading paper recycling company is seeking a Cube Van Driver to join our St. John’s, Newfoundland team. This position is customer service oriented and is labour intensive. Scotia Recycling is a continually growing business and is committed to protecting our environment.
- Friendly and courteous interaction with customers
- Traveling to various businesses, companies and locations to perform on-site recyclable collection
- Loading and unloading truck by hand or with material handling equipment.
- Operation of a cube van in a safe and efficient manner adhering to all motor vehicle regulations
- Good housekeeping skills are required
- Completion of pre/post-trip inspections
- Completion of daily trip reports and maintenance of Logbooks
- Must be able to complete medium to heavy work (up to 50lbs)
- Ability to work in hot and cold weather
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Clean drivers abstract and background check
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Capable of multitasking and working in a fast-paced team environment
- First Aid certification is an asset
- Holds safety as a personal value and will make suggestions for improvement
- Wants to do a job that helps to create a better environment for their community
We offer an industry competitive hourly wage & benefits package. If you are a good person and interested in this opportunity to work in a job that helps to protect the environment. We are looking to fill this position soon and may begin interviews before the deadline. If you are a team-player with a strong work ethic, please submit a complete resume no later than November 18, 2021, by email: [email protected]
Scotia Recycling Limited is an equal opportunity organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.