Interested in joining the Scotia Recycling team? Please view our available openings in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick below.
Scotia Recycling is an equal opporunity employer in Atlantic Canada. We specialize in the collection, processing, sales, and brokerage of recyclable materials. Scotia Security Shredding is a division of Scotia Recycling that specializes in paper shredding and secure document desctruction. If you have any questions about a position, please email us!
General Labour / Recycling Sorter
Scotia Recycling Limited, Atlantic Canada's leading paper recycling facility is seeking a conscientious, personable individual to join their Kentville, Nova Scotia team. This is a temporary position with an opportunity for a full-time position with benefits. Scotia Recycling Ltd. is a committed to protecting our environment.
- Load, unload, sort and move recyclables and materials by hand on sort-line. Standing up to two hours at a time.
- Load, unload, sort and move recyclables and material with material handling equipment.
- Must be able to complete medium work (up to 50lbs).
- Must be able to do light work at a fast pace.
- Good housekeeping skills are required.
Education and/or experience:
- Must be safety conscious
- Friendly and courteous interaction with coworkers and contractors
- Ability to work in hot and cold weather
- Possesses good hand/eye coordination.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Capable of multitasking and working in a fast paced team environment
- Mobile equipment (forklift, skid-steer, etc.) experience/certification is an asset but not a requirement.
We offer an industry competitive hourly wage & benefits package. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity to work in a job that helps to protect the environment, please submit a complete resume to: [email protected]
See below for the number of Jobs available at our SRL Kentville Facility located at 110 Donald Hiltz Connector Rd., Kentville, NS B4N 0C8:
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Jobs Available: 0
3:30 PM – Midnight
Jobs Available: 1
11:30 PM – 7:30 AM
Jobs Available: 0
Scotia Recycling is an equal opportunity organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Scotia Recycling Limited, Atlantic Canada's leading paper recycling facility, is seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst to join their growing team. This is a Full-time position and will be located in beautiful Hantsport, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate must be able to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple activities, thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and accuracy.
This position is an evolving one, so there will be additional duties and special projects associated with this opening. Training will be provided on in-house systems, but the knowledge of accounting processes is essential. Drive and motivation to continually ensure the integrity of financial reporting is crucial.
- Preparation and keying of journal entries, month-end entries, and bank reconciliation
- Preparation and analysis of monthly costing, and management reports
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports and financial statements
- Learn all aspects of Sage and support all accounting functions within the system
- Collecting data and data entry
- Occasional processing of payroll and other support duties as required
- Assist with internal and external audits
- College or University diploma/degree in accounting or business
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in an accounting position
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, with advanced Excel skills (pivot tables & advanced formulas)
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and demonstrate a commitment to deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Sage 300 and other accounting software is an asset
- Demonstrated initiative; strong work ethic and able to work with minimal supervision/direction
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and/or sensitive information
Scotia Recycling offers an industry competitive salary and an opportunity for long-term professional development and career growth. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter by December 8, 2019 to: [email protected]
Scotia Recycling is an equal opportunity organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates legal to work in Canada and are under consideration will be contacted.
Scotia Recycling Limited, Atlantic Canada's leading paper recycling facility is seeking a Facility Supervisor to join their Kentville, Nova Scotia team. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Facility Supervisor’s primary responsibilities include the daily management and coordination of facility operations including production, inventory, logistics and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations. The incumbent is ultimately responsible for all facility operations in which he/she must foster an environment of high integrity and continuous improvement in all functional areas.
- Lead, motivate and supervise a team with facility production on day to day activities to ensure the safe and efficient maintenance of people, equipment and facilities.
- Ensure the efficient processing of incoming recyclable materials while maintaining end product quality standards.
- Direct, train, coach and mentor staff to ensure performance targets are being met.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the daily operations.
- Prepare management reporting as required including recommendations to Management on how to improve safety, productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Assist in creating yearly budgets to ensure the long-term viability of the facility.
- Ensure preventative maintenance and repairs of all material handling systems and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Monitors, documents and reports daily and monthly inventory and production counts for loose and baled materials.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a management role preferably in operations with demonstrated experience in production planning, logistics and equipment maintenance.
- Post secondary education and/or professional designation in a related field or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate would have a strong degree of mechanical knowledge and be comfortable with trouble shooting problems and interacting with other trades, such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, etc.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and application of provincial safety, environmental and labour regulations.
- The ideal candidate will be results driven and will lead by example, demonstrating to their employees the enthusiasm and dedication required to complete the work.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral/written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office and related software.
- Experience in a recycling, material recovery or material handling facility is an asset.
- Experience operating mobile equipment (forklift and skid-steer) is an asset.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class 5 drivers’ license.
Scotia Recycling offers an industry competitive salary and an opportunity for long-term professional development and career growth. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter by December 15, 2019 to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates legal to work in Canada and are under consideration will be contacted; no telephone calls, please.