Interested in joining the Scotia Recycling team? Please view our available openings in Newfoundland below.
Scotia Recycling is an equal opportunity employer in Atlantic Canada. We specialize in the collection, processing, sales, and brokerage of recyclable materials. Scotia Security Shredding is a division of Scotia Recycling that specializes in paper shredding and secure document destruction. If you have any questions about a position, please email us!
Employment Opportunity – Facility Operations Supervisor
Paradise – Recycling Depot
Scotia Recycling Limited (SRL), a member of the Scotia Investments Limited (SIL) family of companies, is an operator of Atlantic Canada’s leading recycling facilities located in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland. With an approximate workforce of 200 dedicated employees, we specialize in the collection, processing, sales, and brokerage of recyclable materials, and are a proven industry leader that have been in operation since 1976.
Reporting to the General Manager of Newfoundland Labrador Operations, the Supervisor’s primary responsibilities include the daily management and coordination of the facility’s operations including production, inventory and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies, and all relevant regulations.
- Act as a safety champion and lead by example
- Lead, motivate and supervise a team on day-to-day production activities
- Drive efficient processing of incoming recyclable materials while ensuring product quality standards set by the Multi-Materials Stewardship Board (MMSB)
- Organize and coordinate warehouse tasks/activities/scheduling
- Load, unload, sort and move products and materials by hand or with material handling equipment, as required to support team
- Leadership, Training and Development of facility staff
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role with knowledge in operations planning and equipment maintenance
- Post-secondary education (preferred)
- Excellent people leader with time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class 5 drivers’ license.
Scotia Recycling offers an industry competitive salary, full benefits package and an opportunity for long-term professional development and career growth within the Scotia investments Family of Companies.
Scotia Recycling is an equal opportunity organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY