Aside from the obvious reason – helping the environment – there are many benefits associated with recycling for businesses, individuals, and organizations.
Having a recycling plan in place will do more than just boost your company image! It will help you to attract and retain key talent, and will also impress your current and prospective clients or customers. As large companies increasingly put more pressure on their suppliers to comply with environmental standards, having a proper recycling plan in place will be a strong asset.
It is possible to do your part to help the environment – without sacrificing convenience! Small steps, such as choosing to visit one of our Green Depots in Newfoundland, helps you to live sustainably while making a little extra money! Benefits of choosing to recycle include the knowledge that you are sending less trash to landfills, helping to conserve natural resources, and more.
Implementing, managing, and maintaining a strong recycling program is easier said than done. Ideal recycling solutions require strategic planning, proper equipment, and coordination with stakeholders. When you outsource your recycling, you are able to focus on what truly matters – your business – while you leave the recycling to the experts. Benefits of outsourcing your recycling to Scotia Recycling include:
- We are able to work with you to create a unique recycling solution that is simple and easy to execute.
- We offer flexible scheduling – coming to your location or business when it is convenient for you and your employees.
- We are able to provide integrated recycling services for clients with a variety of needs.
- We can create recycling packages for large businesses or corporations that have multiple locations.
- We reduce your liability by ensuring you are in compliance with recycling laws and regulations.
- We are able to hold staff orientation meetings that help your staff understand the recycling process moving forward.
If you plan on visiting a Scotia Recycling Green Depot in Newfoundland, there are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare your containers.
- Do not remove the labels.
- Do not crush cans.
- Remove caps, straws, and other garbage.
- Empty all the liquid from each container and rinse them out.
- Ensure bottles are not broken.
Learn more about preparing your containers.
Prince Edward Island (PEI)
We have the ability to recycle the following fibre products:
- Old corrugated cartons (OCC)
- Old newspaper (ONP)
- Blank news (BN)
- White ledger (WL)
- Mixed office paper (MO)
- High grade mix (HGM)
- Shredded paper (SP)
- Sorted office paper (SOP)
- Double lined klippings (DLK)
- Printers mix (PM)
- Brewery stock (BREW)
- Cores (CORES)
We have the ability to recycle the following plastic products:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Natural or Colour High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Low Density Polyethylene - Clear (CF)
- Low Density Polyethylene - Colour (CCF)
- Low Density Polyethylene - Grocery Bag (GB)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- 1-7 Plastic (1-7 P)
- Diaper Film (DF)
- Nylon (NYL)
- Gable Top (GABLE)
- Tetra Pac (TETRA)