Are you spending hours every month at your office shredding paper? Driving all over town looking for a drop-off location? There must be an easier solution! In this article we go over some of the advantages and benefits of using a mobile paper shredding service as opposed to DIY shredding or using a brick and mortar shredding service.
What is Mobile Paper Shredding in Nova Scotia?
Before jumping into some of the advantages and benefits, first we will describe what the mobile paper shredding service entails.
Scotia Security Shredding would place a locked, secure container at your business where you and your employees can safely dispose of sensitive documents. On either a scheduled based pickup, or on an as needed basis, the mobile paper shredding truck will come to your business and collect the sensitive documents. Once the material is shredded, a certificate of destruction will be given to keep as evidence that you have a privacy compliant shredding program in place.
Why Should I Use Mobile Paper Shredding in Nova Scotia?
Here are some of the benefits of Mobile Paper Shredding with Scotia Security Shredding:
- We come to you! Scotia Security Shredding is one of the few shredding companies to serve the entire province with mobile paper shredding services. We offer paper shredding solutions from Yarmouth to Sydney.
- No extended chain of custody to be concerned with, the material is professionally and securely transported from your possession to immediate destruction on-site while you watch. Our shredding trucks at Scotia Security Shredding are also equipped with security cameras for your peace of mind.
- No unnecessary use of your or your busy staff’s time shredding, bagging, transporting, and disposing of shredded paper. If it’s a larger office, you might already be managing an internal shredding program which takes away from revenue generating activities.
- Remember those secure, lockable containers? Scotia Security Shredding will provide a professional shredding storage bin for free to recurring shredding customers.
- The shredding service frequency is determined by the customer. With our mobile paper shredding service, we won’t lock you into a contract that you do not need. Frequency is determined by the needs of your individual business or organization.
- To that point, service can occur automatically on a schedule that you decide without you having to call to arrange it. Our truck will show up at the scheduled time with minimal disruption to your office and employees.
- Your customers, potential customers, and business community peers (who happen to be in the area) will notice and appreciate that your business has taken the steps to securely destroy confidential material.
- No upfront capital costs for in an-house officer shredder. Modern shredders that are both secure and compliant can cost thousands of dollars. The light duty shredders that can be purchased from office supply stores for a couple hundred dollars will burn out quickly and will need to be fixed or replaced more frequently than you would expect.
- Reduce overhead by bundling your office paper shredding and office recycling with a single service provider. Learn more about our recycling services for businesses. All of your shredded paper will be recycled which helps save trees and the environment.
We offer mobile shredding programs in Nova Scotia for organizations of any size. Some of our turn-key solutions include the small-business program, the corporate shredding program, as well as custom ongoing scheduled services based on the needs of the organization. If you only need to shred once or a couple times a year – perhaps the one-time purge service would be the ideal option.
If you have any questions about mobile paper shredding or any other shredding service, please contact us or call (866) 677-1677 to speak with one of the paper shredding experts at Scotia Security Shredding.